Support, Education, and Coaching for Parents
Parenting is hard.
It’s hard because:
- Children can be unpredictable and inconvenient. They can challenge you in ways that you never anticipated and don’t know how to handle.
- You hold yourself to impossibly high standards, and feel like a failure when you don’t meet them.
- You find yourself losing your patience and yelling more often than you’d like.
- You may have had chaotic, unstable childhood and aren’t sure how to be a different kind of parent.
- You’re struggling with emotional or psychological concerns that make it difficult for you to parent the way you want to.
- It feels impossible to find time for yourself in the midst of managing work, home, and family. You feel exhausted, depleted, and overwhelmed most of the time.
Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be so hard.
Parenting will feel easier when you learn that you’re not alone in your challenges, that you’re not the only one who gets pissed off at her kids or fantasizes about running away. Paradoxically, it will also feel easier when you understand the specific ways in which your children trigger and stress you out, as well as the ways in which you can nourish yourself.
Parenting will be easier when you:
- Find manageable, powerful methods for taking care of yourself.
- Have the tools and skills to stay calm in the midst of the chaos.
- Understand the ways in which your own history, temperament, and preferences impact your parenting style.
- No longer hold yourself responsible for that which is beyond your control, such as your child’s feelings and future .
- Have the ability to be kind and compassionate to yourself in response to your failures and missteps.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, parenting will feel easier when you aren’t doing it alone. That’s where I come in.
I will help you find the clarity, compassion, and skills that will make parenting easier. We’ll start with a brief phone call, at which point we can schedule an initial consultation in my office in Newtonville, MA.
You can leave me a confidential message at 617-454-4732 or email me at email@example.com. Our work together may last anywhere from a single session to a few weeks or several months, depending on your interests and needs.