Please note: As of April 2019 I am not currently accepting new clients in my coaching as I prepare for the launch of my next book, HOW TO STOP LOSING YOUR SH*T WITH YOUR KIDS. This page will be updated when I re-open my practice.
Parenting is hard. I work with parents who know it can be easier, less stressful, and more fun, but aren’t sure how to get there. I provide the support, information, and coaching parents need to be the kind of parent they want to be.
Parenting is hard because:
- Children can be unpredictable and inconvenient. They challenge you in ways that you never anticipated and don’t know how to handle.
- You hold yourself to impossibly high standards, and feel like a failure when you don’t meet them.
- You find yourself losing your patience and yelling more often than you’d like.
- You’re overwhelmed by all of the parenting advice and information coming at you, and you feel like you’re getting it wrong.
- It feels impossible to take care of yourself in the midst of managing work, home, and family. You feel exhausted, depleted, and overwhelmed most of the time.
Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be so hard.
Parenting will feel easier when you know that you’re not alone, that you’re not the only one who gets pissed off at her kids or fantasizes about running away. It will also feel easier when you understand how and why your children are triggering you, and how to respond skillfully instead of losing your sh*t. Parenting will feel easier when you have the support and advice that works for you and your family.
Parenting will be easier when you:
- Find manageable, powerful methods for taking care of yourself.
- Have the tools and skills to stay calm in the midst of the chaos.
- Know how to respond to your child effectively and empathically.
- No longer hold yourself responsible for that which is beyond your control, such as your child’s feelings and future.
- Have the ability to be kind and compassionate to yourself in response to your failures and missteps.
- Have the support and guidance to make the kinds of changes you want for yourself and your family.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, parenting will feel easier when you aren’t doing it alone. That’s where I come in. I will help you find the clarity, compassion, skills, and strategies that will make parenting easier.